- Rep. Joe Emrick (R-Northampton) today announced $3.4 million in new grant funding for the 137th legislative district.
“I couldn’t be more pleased to see this funding approved for the residents of the district,” said Emrick. “Projects like these improve public safety and are critical to our region’s economic growth. Area residents will benefit from the impact of these projects for years to come.”
The grants are awarded as follows:
• Bethlehem Township, Bethlehem Municipal Authority - $1 million for Phase 1 of a flood mitigation project.
• Nazareth Borough – $700,000 for the purchase of a pumper fire engine.
• Nazareth Borough – $40,000 for a 2022 GMC Sierra with a plow attachment.
• Palmer Township – $58,592 for Suburban EMS to purchase a transit van for use in its 14-municipality region.
• Palmer Township – $138,433 for Suburban EMS to purchase a new ambulance for use in the 14-municipality coverage area.
• Tatamy Borough – $138,352 for the purchase of a utility truck for borough maintenance.
• Upper Nazareth Township – $296,924 for the purchase of two new dump trucks and a high-flow skid steer.
The grants were approved and awarded by the Commonwealth Financing Authority, which was established as an independent agency that holds fiduciary responsibility over the funding of programs and investments in Pennsylvania’s economic growth. Local Share Account (LSA) grants are derived from gaming revenues.
Emrick also noted approval of the following LSA grants for other improvement projects within the 137th Legislative District:
• Bethlehem Township – $200,000 for the purchase of a new ambulance.
• Palmer Township – $525,000 for construction of a new pavilion building on behalf of the Brown and Lynch American Legion Post #9.
• Upper Nazareth Township – $300,000 for an addition to the municipal building. The addition will provide a new meeting room for public meetings and open the existing meeting room for office space for the administration and police officers.
Representative Joe Emrick
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jordan Walters
RepEmrick.com / Facebook.com/RepEmrick